The CommuniGate Pro Server allows users to use various applications and protocols.
This section describes the protocols that do not deal directly with E-mail transfer, real-time
communication, or with access to Account data.
- The HTTP modules are HTTP servers provides access to the
Server Administrator (WebAdmin) and to the WebUser Interfaces.
- The LDAP module is an LDAP server that provides access to various directories and databases.
- The PWD module is a poppwd server that allows users to
change the account passwords using certain POP and IMAP mailers. It also implements the CLI/API interface.
- The RADIUS module is a RADIUS server that allows network access servers and other edge devices to authenticate CommuniGate Pro users.
- The SNMP module is an SNMP server ("agent") that can be used
to monitor the CommuniGate Pro Server load and other statistical data.
- The BSDLog module is an "BSD syslog" server that can be used
to consolidate log records from 3rd party software into the the CommuniGate Pro Server Logs.
Every CommuniGate Pro Account can be used with Service modules.
Several applications can use the same CommuniGate Pro Account at the same time, via the
same, or different access and service modules.
Multi-Domain and Multihoming
The Service modules support Multi-Domain and Multihoming configations in the same way
as the Access modules
CommuniGate® Pro Guide. Copyright © 1998-2009, Stalker Software, Inc.